‘Tis the season to be fabulous! By incorporating new makeup shades into your routine and adding a few glam items to your wardrobe, you can look as festive as this wonderful time of year. Before you twirl into the office holiday soiree or catch up with old friends at the annual white elephant brunch, try these holiday looks and dazzle at all your festivities.
- Berry Beautiful. Sexy scarlet reds are a reoccurring trend during the winter months. This year, switch up your lip and opt for a berry shade. Berry lipsticks express a vampy look without looking like a vampire. For an elegant shade that flatters most skin tones, try the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu by NARS. Frightened of a dark lip? Ease into the trend with a tinted balm like Sugar Lip Treatment in Sugar Plum by Fresh. Lip primers like Lip Insurance by Too Faced help keep that sultry color in place for hours.
- Twinkle Toes. Wear your holiday spirit on your feet with gilded pumps and radiant flats. During the holidays, glitter becomes a neutral and can be adorned with nearly every outfit. For the perfect glittery kitten heel, rock these ‘Orella’ pumps by Sam Edelman. You can also design your own glitter flats on Shoes of Prey selecting among a variety of shapes, materials, and colors. If you’d rather sparkle on a budget, transform an old pair of shoes into new with painter’s tape, a paintbrush, mod podge and glitter in a color of your choice.
- Stay Gold. King Midas has made his way through the makeup aisle this year. Specs of gold shimmers through lip glosses, eye shadows, highlighters and nail polishes. Metallics like Polish in Good as Gold by Essie and Lip Glacé in Bronze Gold by Laura Mercier are a sleek way to incorporate gold into your holiday look. For bolder hues try Gloss D’Enfer in Gold Tchlack by Guerlain and Glitters in metallic yellow gold by Make Up For Ever.
- Haute Hair. Holiday accessories have just reached new heights, our heads. From crystal barrettes to jeweled headbands, you can dress up your tresses in a way you wouldn’t any other time of the year. Add flare to your high bun by adding a flashy hair comb by Tasha. For the trendsetter, try a new twist on temporary jewelry tattoos by adding them to your locks. No longer limited to your arms at summer festivals, this winter rock those flash tats in your hair like these from Scunci. Lastly, deck out your hairstyle by adding dainty necklaces and statement earrings to your braids and up-dos. Repurpose your grandmother’s vintage brooch by pinning it to your side pony. Or turn your necklace into a unique head chain.
- Top Coat. This season let your coat be your statement piece. After all, it’s the first thing people when see whether you are strutting through downtown or into a room. The must-have item this year is the classic camel coat. Wrap yourself in an oversized double-breasted coat from Banana Republic or splurge on a wool cashmere trench by Burberry. Consider your coat an investment piece you’ll be donning for many more years of holidays to come.